What can I put on my child to help woth bruises

I have three girls 3,2 and 1 n they fall n fight n play all time n get lil dot bruises on their legs n with the warm weather it looks bad in my eyes like sum1s gonna think i beat em which obviously i dont or theyd be big bruises n theyd b afraid of me but i just wanted to no if i could put anything on em. Thanx

MamaOf3Girls09

Asked by MamaOf3Girls09 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Don't worry about it, kids get bruises all the time. My son had bruises on his legs from the time he started walking until now and he is 13 yrs old. Most kids have legs filled with bruises because they fall of their bike, fall of swings, or are just clumsy and fall. I am 37 and still get bruises all over my legs and most of the time, I have no idea how I did it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• arnica helps. you can find it at a health food store like wild oats,
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 8:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• bubble wrap
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• There's nothing that will make bruises disappear. There is an herbal cream called Arnica (made from arnica flowers) that is known to help reduce the pain, swelling and discoloration of bruises, but it takes time--over a period of days at least, and it will only fade them. You can get it at most health food stores; if not you can order it online--just Google it.

Other than that, you'll just have to wait it out and try not to let people get to you. My baby is still inside of me, so I haven't had to deal personally with the bumps and bruises of toddlerhood, but I can tell you it's quite normal. If your kid doesn't end up bruised up every once in a while, then they probably aren't being given enough freedom to play and explore. My aunt told me once that when her oldest son (now 26) was 2, she was afraid to take him to church for weeks at a time because she was afraid they'd think he was being abused. lol.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 9:10 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Cant make them disappear. Bruises are actually blood from broken vessels that rise to just below the skin causing the discoloration. Only time can heal them.
    Let it be. kids are kids and will always end up bruised up.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• don't worry about it, it is normal. No one will think your beating your children. I have yet to see a young child who is happy and healthy who doesn't have their legs dotted in bruises.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• im glad my dd legs rnt the only ones who look like that...lol...i just ice the really big brusis and give her tyenol for the pain...
    Anonymous

• WHAT? Those little bruises mean they are active and have a life. Stop worrying. All, and I mean all, children have those. It isn't any big anything.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009