is this wrong to do?

my husband is going to his brother's house for his niece's birthday and I'm going to my girlfriend's little boy birthday party. is it okay to do that or is it better to ?go to one party together.?

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 9:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds fine to me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• its good to go!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You don't have to do everything together. both parties on same day is hard so its good to go seperate.You don't want his brother or your girlfriend to feel slighted so this is the best.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Family comes first. I would go to the brothers nieces party together. You can still give your girlfriends son a gift later.
    hcashe216

Answer by hcashe216 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• We would probably try to make both parties. What time are they? If they are the same time, you could show up early to one and leave early and show up late to the other and leave a little later than you would have otherwise.

We've done this before with weddings. :) We went to the ceremony with one and the reception with the other.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• The niece's birthday should have priority. So even though I see nothing wrong with going to separate parties, it is potentially a tiny bit of a family disgruntlement if you go to a non-relative's party instead. Somebody may be irked. Is there any way that you could go to the niece's party and only part of the friend's party?

Answer by Bmat at 9:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Sounds fine to me too!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i don't see why you should have to do everything with your husband, that's just silly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Depending on how close u are with the friend I'd try and make both. Or drop off a gift with your friend, stay for a few and then end your day with family.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with that. Just make sure that the person who is hosting the party knows that the other wished they could have came, but they couldn't. I've done it before when my baby's father and I were together. We met up afterward and I called the party he attended and asked what had gone on and apologized for going to another one.
    s_a_l_t

Answer by s_a_l_t at 11:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2009