Which type of Wicca do you practice?

I was wondering if the majority of Wiccans practiced their beliefs in a coven or are they Solitary?

Which teachings do you follow (such as Gardnerarian, Celtic, etc.) beacuse I know there are many around.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• IhartU.. actually most of the time a Pagan can sense another that has similar beliefs.. at least that was my case when I was Wiccan.. I seemed to gravitate toward other Wiccans... mostly because we all held similar personalitiy traits.. so it was easy to find others, and eventually find a Coven.. although being a Coven is hard because every one is different.. so you have to be sure to find one, that runs along the same beliefs as you.. similar to a Christian, trying to find the right denomination for themselves.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Solitary, Eclectic.

Although I like the idea of doing things with a group occasionally Im much more comfortable doing things myself or with my husband.

I dont have one path because many call to me, so Im eclectic.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I do not practice any. I am not Wiccan, I am however Pagan. I do not believe there is one correct path. My beleifs include those of Wiccans, Roman Revivalists, Ancient Eqiptians and others. I have drawn from many paths and believe that all work together to form one within me and within the universe itself.

Technically I am an Solitary Eclectic Pagan Witch.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If one wants to find a coven, how do you go about doing this?

I know people are not usually outspoken in public about their Wiccan beliefs because of ignorance and accusations of doing horrible things, so I just wanted to know how you find others who believe like you?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am a Solitary Wiccan-Witch ... I follow a Celtic and Native American path of Gods/esses.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am solitary though I do some "group" rituals with family members on occasion - my daughter, who will celebrate with me though she considers herself an aetheist or secular witch, my mother, my sister, who is actually Buddhist rather than Pagan but shares some of our basic beliefs & is happy to join in family rituals, and on rare occasions my husband who is completely nonreligious but understands & supports my beliefs. Strange group eh? I don't follow any one particular tradition, but do a lot of Greek & Celtic reconstruction as well as including many Eastern elements. I don't actually consider myself Wiccan though, I embrace the term Neo-Pagan. As for finding others, I think the best place to start is public events. Many of which are listed on the witchvox website. Since I live in Ohio I sometimes attend the Real Witches Ball.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Solitary, eclectic Goddess-worshipping PAGAN witch--not completely Wiccan though I hold many beliefs in common with Wicca.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Honestly the best way I have found to find a Coven is to do an internet search. You can also check with local metaphysical stores - they usually have information. If you check things like Yahoo Groups most large covens will have a group just for them. You can also just look for local other pagans and see where they fall. Here there is not a coven available and if there were it wouldn't teach what I believe. About 45mins from here in Pittsburgh there are a number of them. I found them on the Pittsburgh Pagans Group on Yahoo and MySpace. So, just look around.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'm eclectic "Wiccish"...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• And a lot of people find Covens on WitchVox.com
    MamaK88