• In the Spotlight:

Late AF and negative pregnancy tests - what else could it be?

I am not sure I am even posting in the correct place. If not, I am sorry.

I was due to get my period last week. I typically get it every 21 days and it has been 30. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests (only 1 was in the morning, but I assume that shouldn't matter) and they are all negative. I have been having all the same pregnancy symptoms I had with my daughter including super light spotting a day or two ago. I thought it was the start of my period, but it was a one time thing. If I were to be pregnant, I would have conceived on the 24th of May, so that should be pleanty of time to show a positive, right? With my daughter I tested 3 days before my missed period and got a positive right away!

Anyways, my question is what else could be wrong? I plan to call my doctor tomorrow, but I am going insane in the mean time!

AlyssasMommy421

Asked by AlyssasMommy421 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• best thing is to talk to the doc. maybe even have an ultrasound done.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It could be do to stress. If you've been sick that might be it. Every pregnancy is different, so maybe your HCG isn't high enought to detect.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 9:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• menopause
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I haven't been sick - other than feeling like I am constantly going to throw up! LOL! I thought about my levels being too low to detect, but I assume that would be a bad thing since they are constly suppose to rise.

Do you know how long docs typically wait to have you come in if you are late?
    AlyssasMommy421

Answer by AlyssasMommy421 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• LOL - I highly doubt it's menopause! I am 26 =)
    AlyssasMommy421

Answer by AlyssasMommy421 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If you are feeling morning sickness the test should come out positive. At least I thought it was strong HCG that caused morning sickness. Have you lost or gained any weight?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• No, I don't think I have lost or gained anything. I haven't weighted myself but I see no difference in the way my clothes fit.
    AlyssasMommy421

Answer by AlyssasMommy421 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Probably stress about worrying about your period. A blood test is the best way to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It is always best to test in the morning. HCG levels are highest then given that it's been maybe 8 hours since you used the bathroom.
    fuelsgirl2

Answer by fuelsgirl2 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I was 7 almost 8 weeks pregnant when a hpt finally came out pos. My sons healthy and happy 9 month old. My dr said that hpt only detect the hcg, so the best way to know is get a blood test, because it checks your levels.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 11:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2009