Holocaust Museum Shooting

I find it "odd" that this "Current Event" wasn't brought up in this section. I wonder why?

What are your feelings about what went down? Thanks.

LadyChamp

Asked by LadyChamp at 10:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's heartbreaking that the young man that was gunned down was shot point blank after being courteous and holding the door for an elderly man that turned out to me a homicidal maniac. I feel so much for his mother as she described her only son as her teddy bear...

This type of Domestic Terrorism was talked about in a dept. of homeland security memo that so many called bull shiz, then we had the right-wing extremist abortion killer , and this guy.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have only heard bits and pieces of it on the news and haven't really had a chance to sit down and listen to the whole story. From what I know, it was a terrifying and tragic event and a realization that there is still a lot of racism in this country, unfortunately. My heart goes out to those that were affected by it!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I brought it up. I posted that my brother and sil were there visiting Washington at that very time.

At the time it had JUST happened. I was bashed for saying it was probably someone who hated Jews. WELL, it was. I hate it, but thats how things go, haters do the shootings.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• mom2, I didn't know, I put Holocaust shooting in the search bar and it brought back nothing for this section.

I'm sorry your brother and SIL were in the middle of that.

I just find it curious that women on here are told to "Get Over It", constantly when it comes to racial issues, and now that something like this in the news, there's a certain "silence".

It just saddens me that someone that old can still have so much hate in his heart. How miserable for him. Sadly, there are plenty who feel exactly the way he did/does and yet people turn a blind eye or tell people to get over it.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It led to some very nasty questions that got deleted too. Apparently CM is stocked with a few (or one very persistent) anon anti-Semites of its own.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Its completely sad and disgusting.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have been very upset by it. Homeland security has reported that the greatest terrorist threat is not from some foreign faction but from our own citizens and the growing trend is white supremacists. That scares the hell out of me. Groups are stock piling guns and forming their own communal groups.....targeting and planning how to terrorize and war against what they think is different and not right. And here on CM, not all unlike the area I live in, we want to say that we just don't have a problem any more with racism. Racism has gone away with the civil rights movement. Yeah, bullshit.  As a mom I worry about my child and my family being a target for these sick people.  I worry about how my son will be affected by this type of thinking and having people just not talk about it or deny its happening.  It is happening and we are facing a huge challenge.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

That is disgusting but does not suprise me. Some of the woman that post here make me sick.
    Anonymous

• it was brought up ...
    Anonymous

• Anonymous