I like the names : Aeris {iris} Sophia & Madaleigh for triplett girls, what do you think of the names? as well as middle names for them?

Im thinking:
Aeris Jewel
Sophia Adelai
& Madaleigh Jade

kelliekailei

Asked by kelliekailei at 10:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't like the spelling of Iris and I personally don't like the name Madaleigh. I think that every parent should think of what it'll be like for their child when they need to learn how to spell their name, learn the alphabet and what sounds each letter makes. I think it would just be hard for a child to understand why Ae = I.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing. It seems to be really popular these days to come up with weird spellings of kids names....but you have to remember with odd spellings not only will your child have more of a hard time learning to spell it, but others will have a hard time pronouncing it. Most likely Aeris (and I had to scroll up to see the correct spelling) will live her life correcting everyone on the pronouncation her name.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I would pronounce it Air-is, like Paris. I guarantee no one will ever pronounce her name correctly just from the spelling. And how do you pronounce the other name Mad-a-lay or Mad-a-lee?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009