• In the Spotlight:

Do we really know what path we are headed down?

Everyday we watch the news from one channel or another or maybe a newspaper or possibly even from the internet. We see the Washington Crew is going to make the decisions about our lives concerning employment, entitlement programs, the economy and our healthcare. Our President spends money like a drunken sailor and our children that aren't even born yet are many thousands of dollars in debt. The Constitution and The Bill of Rights are under attack always. Just what path are we headed down and is this the path you would want the Washington Crew to send you on......

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We are headed down the path of destruction. The average life expectancy of a strong nation is two hundred yrs. Here is a brief synopsis of the stages of evolution of a nation are and history has held true to this.
    From bondage to spiritual faith;

From spiritual faith to great courage;

From courage to liberty;

From liberty to wisdom;

From Wisdom to abundance;

From abundance to ignorance;

From ignorance to complacency;

From complacency to greed;

From greed to Godlessness;

From Godlessness to dependency;

From dependency back into bondage;

We are in the stage from Godlessness to dependancy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You're right. I'm sure you could run the country better.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• No, I hate what they are doing- taking and more control and getting us deeper in debt- soon all will be poor trying to pay for this. The more the gov takes control, the more difficult it will be to afford necessities like food, gas and electric. What's coming will make this recession look like a picnic!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well there is always someone who thinks the country is going to the tubes. Not only during Obama's adminstration but from all the past Presidents. There will always be people who think that we are going to drown and those who think that the country is headed in the right direction. Those who think were going to hell and those who see a bright future for this country. Who is right? Well we will see....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• anon 10:58~~~~~The facts speak for themselves in the way that our country is being run and I am not one to hide my head in the sand. I would rather know where I am headed and figure out how to deal with things then keep blinders on and get the wind knocked out of me. I would hope that all of us would be prepared for the worst especially in these economic times and the uncertainty of tomorrow. And, yes, in my opinion there are many regular everyday people that balance a checkbook and can dispose of the unnecessary then the brainiacs with law degrees in Washington.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Carpy~~~~Thank you for putting it in such great terms that we all can understand.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• We are headed down this path.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Your welcome foreverb3. I had read this several years ago and it falls right in place when you read books such as the rise and fall of the Roman empire, The history of England fits well with it as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• good reply NotPanicking.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• That's a great article, np.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2009