When can i find out the sex of my baby?

I'm 14 weeks into my pregnancy and i can't wait to find out the sex of my baby. how many weeks do i need to be for the sex to be detected on an ultrasound?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can as early as 15 weeks but more accurate at 18-20 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It's normally 18-20 but i was told gender can be detected by 4D ultrasouns as early as 14 weeks! or you can always hit up a walgreens and buy a gender detection pee test. lol who knows if those work or not though
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• usually they will do the u/s at 18wks and i did the intelligender * gender detection test* they say it's like 50/50 but it seems mostly right the package says it's 88% correct but i dont know the sex of my baby so i cant tell you if it was right or not lol my baby wont let me see what it is and im 24wks so if your baby will show you, you should know at 18wks GL!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 12:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It depends when your doctor schedules your big diagnostic ultrasound. It's typically done between 16 and 20 weeks. I had mine at 16 weeks with my son and once he uncrossed his legs we clearly saw he was in fact a boy.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• around 18-21 weeks, but they still cant always tell it depends on how ur babys possitioned, and if ur baby decides to be stuborn or not lol. when they did my ultra sound they said maybe a girl but they couldnt be sure on that bc my baby was curled up then decided to squirm around alot
    kristy_shawn03

Answer by kristy_shawn03 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009