What do you do for newborn baby gas? (please read statement)

My LO is having gas. He is not always burping after feeding, despite trying to get him to do so for at least two minutes. He is being breast fed and I am looking at my diet, but nothing is consistently making him gassy. I have tried the bicycle, tummy rub, football hold over the arm and Mylicon. I feel so badly for him b/c it really makes him scream. Any other suggestions?

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• talk to your pedi
    ours told use to give a little apple juice
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Brooke,
    Mine is having that too. I ususally nurse from one side, give him the mylicon then nurse again from the the other side. It seems to help. All kids are different though. Hatzlacha!
    Dvora

Answer by Dvora at 11:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• W/ G, my ped told me to try chamomile tea or fennel tea. I would just brew it up & give it to her thru a medicine dropper. Not sure if it really works, but it's worth a shot. When you are massaging, moving legs, giving Mylicon & tea, it's hard to pinpoint what works & what doesn't.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 11:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Try burping him sitting up. Put your left hand under his chin and against his chest and pat his back from the bottom up. That is the only way I could get either of my kids to burp. Also try burping between sides. Sometimes it is going to take more than two minutes. He could have a problem with dairy too. I had to cut all dairy out of my diet. Main culprits of gas is broccolli, beans, cabbage, and raw vegetables. If you haven't cut those out try that and see how he does. Good luck and I hope he feels better.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• There is this "Tummy Soother" that I tried for my little one and it seems to help her. It has camomile and other herbs to soothe upset tummys. It is in a greenish bottle, with Pooh and Tigger I think, (it might be Piglet). In any case, it is cheaper than Mylicon and it's in a bigger bottle. I found it at Rite Aid. It's worth a shot.

http://www.gentlenaturals.com/products/tummy_soother.cfm
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 12:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• have you tried gripe water? I bought some, and haven't used it yet, but I hear its good stuff.
    Anonymous

• I used the Gripe water with Emma and I also gave her peppermint tea.. which is suspose to help with digestion... Gripe water is all natural and I got mine at Rite Aid.. hope you find something the helps.
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 6:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I use the grioe water for my 3 month old and have since he was born. mylicon didn't help him. it is great! $10 a bottle but lasts a long time, you can get at the pharmacy section at walmart as well as cvs and walgreens
    akbogan

Answer by akbogan at 9:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2009