An 11 mt old with sleeping issues!

My LO has resorted back to getting up twice a night for a bottle! It was even worse last night. We put her down at 9pm and around 1015 she woke up she cryed for a good 30 mins so we decided to give her a 2 ounce bottle, and she went to sleep, then she woke up at 3am another bottle and then at 530am. I feel like we are back to week one again, any advice? I am worried about this becoming a routine. Well the 3am one already has become one. Why is she doing this again we should be past this right??

melk819

Asked by melk819 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would guess a growth spurt. And more feedings or food during the day. Also try just holding her at night, no food. It may take a few days/nights to see an improvement. Also could she be teething? My youngest wants to nurse like crazy every tie she is teething .Ween her off the 3 am. If she is eating more during the day and still waking up, maybe it is somthing else then food. I hope you find something that works
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I gotta agree with growth spurt, and if it is feeding more in the day won't really help, becausemost of the food is digested before they are down for the night. I agree with weaning the three am one, it will require you to hold her and soothe her back to sleep, but I would let her have the other two feedings. If all you have to do is walk in and hand her a bottle I wouldn't stress about it right now. Just give it some time and see where it takes you.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• They do this. Sleep patterns change constantly through year one, no matter how you feed.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009