What kind of baby classes would be benefical?

I'm 5 months preg and it's my first child and the baby daddy's 1st also. What classes would you recommend for us to take or that I can take alone. I'm also going to breastfeed..would it be too early for me to take a class now to learn more about it?

kimmyford

Asked by kimmyford at 11:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would take a birthing class at the hospital where you will be delivering. That way you can tour the labor and delivery unit, and find out all the specifics for the big day: where to park, what to bring, what the admission procedure is (I was able to fill out all the paperwork right after the class, that way I didn't have to bother with any of that while in labor). A baby care class would be helpful too. And be sure to see a lactation consultant in the hospital after you deliver.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 11:56 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I think you can go ahead and take the classes you want to take. I would recommend baby CPR classes, and breastfeeding classes to you, since you are going to breastfeed. I know some places offer breastfeeding classes throughout your whole pregnancy, and they continue once you have your baby, and for as long as you want to attend. it's kinda like a meeting/support group for breastfeeding moms. I also breastfed my kids. I recommend for you to read alot, and educate yourself as much as you can on breastfeeding. There is a group on here called breastfeeding moms. You should join the group. The women on there are so great! They will help you with any problem you are having! Good luck and congratulations!
    HungryForTruth

Answer by HungryForTruth at 11:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• We're currently taking a child birth class right now. We did a breast feeding class last week and this week we take a Caring for you and baby class. Next month we are taking an infant CPR class. I would recommend your SO go to the classes with you. I've read that when the partner is supportive of breast feeding and has a clue about it then if things aren't easy at first and you get really frustrated, his support can help you to not give up as easily as if he is indifferent about it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009