Am I in the early stages of labor??

I am 37 weeks pregnant. At my last doctor's appt, last Thursday, she said I was almost a centimeter dilated and "very soft". I've been having what I believe to be Braxton Hicks contractions for a few weeks now, but lately, within the past few days to a week, they've been increasing in frequency and intensity. I've had an increase in discharge in the past week. And, for the past few days, I've been very crampy- it feels like bad menstrual cramps. Today, I have all of the above, plus I'm feeling a little nauseous and even a little shakey. Am I in the early stages of labor? Or could I just be a bit dehydrated or something? (Though I believe I've been drinking plenty of water...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What you are going through sounds exactly like what I am going through. And I have no idea what's going on. I hope someone can tell both of us.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am in the exact same position as you are...37 weeks, 1cm, crampy and contracting for weeks now, progressively getting worse and adding new symptoms daily...

I have come to conclusion that it ould be eaarly labor, but I have been ignoring it, if you dont get your hopes up you dont get let down. Try resting as much as possible, if it is early labor you will need your strength. Good luck, it has to happen sometime right? I figure when you cna't ignore it anymore, it has to be true labor...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It sounds like you are closer.You could have your baby at anytime now!How exciting.Make sure when you have contractions you time them and see how close and how long they are.The same thing happened to me last year the day before Thanksgiving and on Thanksgiving day I woke up at 4 am timed them for 2 hours and cramping got worse.Went to the hospitol and was 4 cent dialated had him an hour later.Just know that if you do go into labor your baby is very healthy and can now be born from 37 weeks and on.Congratulations and Good Luck!
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• GUYS I BELIEVE YOU ARE STARTING LABOR EARLY! GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR BUT REMEMBER DOCTORS ARENT ALWAYS RIGHT BECAUSE BABIES SEEM TO HAVE A CALENDAR/SCHEDULE NO ONE CAN CONTROL OR PREDICT.
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i have no idea hunny but im 29 weeks and feel all the same exact things im having issues with preterm labor though..but if u r then good luck and congrats!!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2009