is it normal to lose some weight in your 1st trimester?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you have morning sickness, then I would say it is normal. Generally you only need to be concerned if you started out your pregnancy skinny! I have the opposite problem and am overweight. I have lost weight with each of my kids! (I joke that pregnancy is my weight loss program!)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• well im overweight and i already lost 7 pounds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I think I have lost 5 pounds this time (so far). My goal is to keep the weight I started my pregnancy at. I know I will gain some later in the pregnancy! If I maintain my weight I should be 20 pounds later after the baby is born.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• cause im only 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant. and i lost that much already. and i really dont have morning sickness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• your metabolism kicks into high gear when you get pregnant in the first trimester so it's normal you will gain more later on..im 24wks and i have lost 8lbs and havent gained any so far but im 2 weeks ahead of schedual so im doing something right. but i wouldnt be worried you will be fine and so will the baby :) congrats!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 12:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Don't let it worry you! Your doctor will let you know IF there is a problem, but there probably isn't.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i threw up constintly and couldn't keep anything down... and i lost weight
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 12:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I lost 15 lbs in the 1st trimester. You're probably not eating as much due to being sick. I never really got the actual throwing up part, but I could barely eat. If you are concerned though, it doesn't hurt to just ask your doctor. It will ease your mind
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I lost 10 lbs my first trimester and only gained 20 my whole pg. still had a healthy 8.8 baby
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i'm overweight and i lost weight with both of my pregnancies.
    with my daughter i was sick every day, multiple times a day and i lost about 28lbs. with my son i wasn't as sick but i started eating a high protein, low carb diet when i found out i was pregnant with him and i ended up losing just over 30lbs. during the course of his pregnancy.
    Anonymous