Blue Poo?? TMI ;)

okay so I just changed my dd's diaper and it was blueish coloR! Has anyone had this before? She just started Nutamigen on Wednesday, and I'm afraid she's intolerant. She's been spitting up alot more with it and I've noticed a bit of her rash returning. I will probably call the Doc. tommorrow, but since it's Sunday, I'll run it by cafemom first...LOL.

clransom

Asked by clransom at 11:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Usually blue poop is caused by drinking something purple like grape juice or kool-aid. It could be from the formula too. I've heard the Nestle good start has had cases where it was turning the poop blue. I guess it is from the iron in it. Blue can also be a sign of illness. Is she showing any other symptoms? Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Gatorade!!! Does she drink Gatorade at all? My baby had a reaction to the dye in Gatorade when he was younger, if he drank purple Gatorade his poo would be bright green or blue!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• spitting up a little more, not projectile, but she never did at all on the other stuff. no, no juice or gatorade for her, she's 10 weeks old only. she doesn't seem too "stressed" like she doesn't feel good but maybe Nutramigen isn't for her?
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 12:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My son has pooped neon green but I think it had something to do with a friend's b'day party and a bright blue Thomas the Tank Engine cake.

I'm sorry I can't help, have you WebMD's or googled?
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 12:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i tried to google, but all it said was"blue poop may be a sign of illness" didn't say what ones, or if it could be an intolerance to the new formula. still have no clue what it is, she ddn't have it yesterday or the day before and she's been on it since wednesday. *sigh* i just don't know, I guess Im a bit of a worry wart, FTM, comes with the terrirory I guess. I keep monitoring it and searching. Thanks gals!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 5:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009