Do you tip the furniture delivery guys? If so...how much?

SRiveroC

Asked by SRiveroC at 11:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have never done that. Wow. I simply never thought about it. I guess it's not necessary because most of the time that is their job, as I am sure they are paid pretty good for it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I tipped them - I believe the move was $400, and I gave them $500...I guess that was a 25% tip - I wouldn't tip that much if the move amount was higher, but that's what I felt they deserved that day since it was so hot and humid, and the move took a bit longer than expected.

Another set of movers I tipped them everything in my liqour cabinet - they seemed ultra pleased with that! :) (I had a 1 1/2 yr old baby, and was 8mos pregnant, we weren't going to use the liqour any time soon, so we just gave it to them)
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 12:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Usually no. I would only do it if it was free delivery. If I pay extra for the delivery then definitely not.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Just read texassahm's answer and I have to add that I would tip for movers or if they had to move really heavy stuff up stairs, it's really hot and humid, etc. I was just thinking about our current house, which is really easy to move stuff into and out of and regular delivery people - like the ones that deliver a piece of furniture that you buy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Thanks ladies! Not movers though, store furniture.
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 1:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• $20

Answer by rkoloms at 3:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009