am 32 weeks and my fetus only weights 2 pounds 15 0nce

i am scared cause ny doctor say she is to to small for as many months as i am but my mom say she stll has time to grow

daneyle

Asked by daneyle at 11:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well are you eatting correctly and all that fun stuff? ... the baby should weigh around 3.75 pounds so your baby should still grow a bit probably in the next week or so maybe you should up your callories a little see if that helps any but most likely the baby will be a little underweight but should be fine. i know many people that have had babies that were 1lb at birth and lived and turned out fine so i wouldnt worry too much just try to eat a little more not excessively and see if that helps at all..GL
    Anonymous

• What does the doctor say the reason for the low weight is?
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 12:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• This link might help: http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/hrnewborn/lbw.html
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 12:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Also if the doctor is going by the ultrasound they could be wrong. At 38 weeks mine said the baby was 10 pounds, I'm a diabetic and the induced me at 39 weeks, which is standard for diabetics. It didn't make sense though because my blood sugar levels were that of a none diabetic I had such great control.

Well my son was born at 6 pounds 10 ounces and wearing preemie clothes, lol, so ultrasounds can be wrong.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• The further along you get in your pregnancy, the less accurate the measurements are during ultrasounds. At 33 weeks, they told me that my daughter was over 5lbs. She only ended up weighing 6lbs 9oz at birth, so there is NO WAY she was over 5lbs when they said she was. Like Mom2Jack04's baby, my daughter had to wear preemie clothes also.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Im now 33 weeks and they said my baby weighs 3lbs and 10oz so who really knows right????
    nicole103124

Answer by nicole103124 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2009