What to do????????

I am so pissed. I got up this morning and there was popcorn ALL over the house because the cat got into the trash. There wass piles and piles of poop every where because of our dog and even more pee. I started cleaning it up and my husband got up. I told him what was going on and he just looked at me. He said that sucks and sat down. He didn't even bother to help me clean. When he has to clean that I ALWAYS help him without being asked. He didn't even offer. Then he gets up to get breakfast and walks into the kitchen while I am trying to leave it. He walks right through me...steps on my foot and bumps my head. I was soooooo mad that I smacked him on the arm. Now he is crying abuse. I tried to say I was sorry for reacting that way. I am super stressed and he just plowed through me and it kind of hurt. He told me to shut up and took off. Is he overreacting??? I mean how should I handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't blame you for being cranky. It sounds like you both need a breather for a minute, like a wrong side of the bed situation. Just take deep breaths and relax! Don't even mention it when he gets back, just let it slide. It sounds like it's just one of those days for the two of you!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You need a better garbage can, a gate to keep your dog in the kitchen at night, and to tell your husband to stop being an idiot.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I understand your anger but when your husband got up you told him what was going on not hey could you help. I hate it too but I realize that men do not feel the need to jump in unless asked, sometimes my hubby does the same. And for the slap he is overreacting.imo
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 12:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Men don't always help like women do. Next time ask for his help. Maybe he was just being clumsy the way some ppl are when they first wake up. Striking him probably wasn't a good way to start off the day!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I should have asked him for help but I just assumed not bother with it. I shouldn't have slapped his arm but he rammed into me and didn't say excuse me or I'm sorry. Oh well.
    Anonymous