Best cloth diapers?

I'm currently using a diaper service and chinese pre-fold diapers. I'm interested in dropping the service and laundering my own diapers, however I'd like to explore all my cloth options before I decide to stick with pre-folds and covers. If you use cloth diapers what are your favorites? What about all-in-one systems? Anyone know anything about g-diapers? If you launder your own pre-folds, how hard is it? Any input is appreciated!

sweetgabesmom

Asked by sweetgabesmom at 11:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i use the g diapers with cloth inserts. their website says it wont work but i have used them with 2 babes. i also have a bummis super whisper wrap i really like. sometimes i wish they had snaps instead of velcro. sometimes when baby is crawling around they come undone. i have been putting a pair of bloomers or shorts on her to help with that.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I made my own (with no sewing background before) and they are super easy to take care of. I wash the poop out (I didn't need to when it was just BM poop) and toss them in the wash on HOT. I used baking soda, vinegar, and sometimes 1 drop of tea tree oil. I toss them in the dryer and they are ready to use again.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Prefolds are the easiest to launder and take care of and the hardest to actually put on and keep from leaking. I personally loved prefolds simply folded in thrids with tight fitting cover. Once they became mobile I started using the fitted more, but prefolds are the cheapest option. I loved the Motherease velcro covers for my skinny leg babies, not sure how they would work with fatter legs!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I suggest you get a couple of each kind. Get like 2 different pockets (I like heartland dreams and tiny tush elite), 1 all in one, 1 all in 2, a couple fitteds of different brands (totally have to try a bunny bum!!) and a couple covers of different brands (I like 1 size covers, OS wonder wrap). All in ones take friggin FOR EV ER to dry. Pockets dry much faster and you can customize absorbancy. There are a lot of great WAHMs that make stellar diapers (HD and Bunny bums are WAHM made).
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 6:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2009