Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!! child suport question!

Me and my boyfriend are breaking up, He made me be a stay at home mom so i have no job, im going to school, We arnt sure if we want to go throught the whole court battle thing. He only wants to pay me 200 a month but i cant survive on that. He makes around2700 a month...if we went to court how much do you think he would have to pay.

we live in fl

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • probably more than $200 a month. He would more than likely have to pay child care costs and for medical expenses. I am not completly sure, but do GO TO court. That way you get what you and your child deserve.

    Answer by TeriMelisa at 12:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • google the Child Support Calculator for your state. It will tell you how much he has to pay

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • I am not sure why the amount of money matters; remember that you are going to court to get what your child deserves and that is to be taken care of also going to court makes him less likely of skipping payments,lowering payments and it is out of your hands the court decides how much and how often.

    Answer by nateandlo at 12:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • Ah your not suppsoed to be able to survive off it your child is, which means he only has to pay 1/2 of ALL of your childs expenses, your probably going to have to get a job to help cover expenses your self and your child, why women always think that they are supposed to be able to cover everything and totally survive off child support I will never know, seriously that money is not for the parent but for the CHILD hense the name CHILD SUPPORT.

    Answer by hautemama83 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2009


    Answer by tuty2403 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • Look online for a child support calculator in your state. For New Hampshire it is about 550.00/month but it depends on insurance, too. I would go thru the courts and let them handle it. Things change when you're apart and you need the money for your baby. If he doesn't like it - too bad. You don't have to battle, your baby just gets what is rightfully his. My oldest's father and I had a pretty civil arrangement for years. But, once he slacked off and disapeared, I did what I had to do. I've been thru this twice - once with my older son's father and now with my ex husband. It all starts off all nice but can change so quickly. Especially if another woman steps in. Some are fine, others are a bad influence. If he starts screwing up, the state is the one who pursues him - not you. They are there to represent the child so you won't be the bad guy. You can tell him it is out of your hands, if they give him a hard time.

    Answer by cleo1969 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.