Im sure this has been asked alot but

did u have hot and cold flashes when u were close to going into labor? Im 36 weeks and i have been feeling major hot and cold flashes, changes in my eating habits (its just about 1230 here and i haven't eaten a thing but i have no appetite to eat) also this morning i woke up have contractions (theyre gone now) but they were way more painful than my normal braxton hicks- i know ull probably say oh go to the hospital or call ur doc but i know im not in labor so im not gonna go through all of that until i am but i just wanted to know if these things happened to u before going into labor and how long after having these symptoms did u go? do u think i still have a good 2 weeks or less? ( i could really use the extra 2 weeks to finish preparing so im hoping that these are all just normal symptoms in late pregnancy and not symptoms of labor) ok let me stop talking now so u can answer my question lol :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Every women is different and every pregnancy is different. There is no way to tell when you will actually go into labor based on ANY signs. The only sure sign is if your water breaks, you will have your child within 48 hours simply because the doctors will make sure the child arrives by then (one way or another) once you are full term.

Of the signs you mention, the not eating is the strongest sign. Your body could be making sure things are cleared out for the delivery.

In any case, make sure you bag is packed. Yes, more time to prep would be nice. But you know what? Baby won't care. He'll have you and that's enough. Even if his first bed is an empty drawer, he won't care. He'll have you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Awww..kaycee14, that was the sweetest answer! I teared up! & I def agree! Baby wont mind @ all! Congrats :c)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i'm just 32 weeks, give or take a day, and most of those symptomes i'm having but that is just ok, you should just take it by teh day and hope that your water doesn't break.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 12:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• funny she mentioned a bed as an empty drawer. my brother had to sleep in an empty drawer when my parents brought him home. we're both adopted and they got the call he was available to be adopted RIGHT then and they didnt have any warning. haha
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2009