what best for me?

i have this guy in my life who is awesome .he love me and he 's great with my daughter .he puts us before himself and treat me and her with the up most respect .he want s to be with me but i'm inlove with someone else (my daughter's father).my child's father and I are really not on the same page and probaly won't be for a while until we learn how to understaned each other better but that's where my heart is .i want to be with him but he deosn't treat me like i should be treated .he seem to don't care and it hurt but i have a great guy in my life but i cant move forward becuz i'm still inlove with him. please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Is your daugher's father your first love? If that's the case it may be something you never get over. Do you really want to sit around and wait hoping you guys will get there and then he never does? I would be honest with the guy you are with now, tell him that you really like him but there are some residual feelings you need to work through. Do you think you could fall in love with the new guy or is it just not going to happen? It's hard to find a guy who will accpet you and your daughter. I hope you figure it out. Good luck.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• FIRST! I would be honest with the guy your with he might understand you still have feelings for your daugthers father, its not something you can get over quickly. SECOND, you can keep on trying with this great guy, all loves start being the great guy, you never know he might be your next great big love IN TIME TOUGH! But if after a while maybe a year or year in a half your still no closer to loving this great awesome guy than just cut him loose, he really really really deserves better than to be stringed along. Everyone deserves to have a person fully love them the way they love the other. Please think about this talk to your current BF and be honest ,give it a try.MAY GOD BLESS YOUR RELATIONSHIP AND GUIDE YOU TO HAPPINESS!
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If someone doesn't treat you right, then probably it is infatuation. It never really takes off into love, since love involves mutual feelings between two people.Infatuation feels strong just like love and is painful to try to get over. If you don't care for the other guy who treats you right, then he may not be Mr. Right either. Back off from both relationships, make a life for you and your child on your own. Set your sights on doing well by yourself for your child and not being dependent on a guy, which you may already be doing actually. You GO, Girl! Feel good about yourself, feel accomplished and independent, and then take a look at relationships.

Answer by Bmat at 2:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i would get over your baby's father, he's not someone you need or that you should be with if he's not going to treat you like the mother of his duaghetr or like he cares about you.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 2:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Why settle down with either one? Enjoy time with the great guy and still try to work things out with bd to get on the same page. There is no rush to be exclusive to one man. I say keep them both but let each one know of course.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't think you should be with someone if you heart isn't there. He sounds like a good guy- he deserves to find someone who is there for him, too. I also don't think its healthy to wait around for a guy who may or may not come around. Of course you'll have feelings for him because he's the father of your child. But you don't actually love him- you love what you want him to be. That is a huge difference. I would suggest letting the father have time to grow up and learn how to treat a woman and in the meantime, go out and really enjoy feeling good in a relationship. You may be suprised how much you grow when you move on. The father may come around one day or not, but at least you won't have wasted your life waiting for him.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 3:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Why would you be with a guy who does not treat you like you deserve? You are showing your daughter that it is okay to have mediocrity. You need to show her that she deserves the BEST. One reason you love your baby's daddy is because he is her father. There is something special there. But you need to think about he is treating you. Would you allow or want your daughter to stay in a relationship like this? If this was your best girlfriend would you tell her to stay? I know how you feel. I have been there. I kept thinking that things were going to get better. After I met Toby I realized that I deserved better, but my dd's father was not going to give it to me. I have since moved on and feel great. Respect is a big part of love. If he does not respect you, how do you know that he loves you?

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2009