He lied, but I'm not mad??

I've been dating this guy who I thought to be 36 years old. He told me today he's really 42. I don't feel any different about him. I still love him and want to be with him. But I feel that maybe I should be upset with him and I'm not. He lied and I don't want him to think I don't care that he did. Should I make a big deal about it or not?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 1:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, why did he lie? I'd look for other things he may have been less than honest about. See how it goes, is all I can say.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'd be concerned at the very least. Ask around about him.
    Anonymous

• I would take into account the reason why he lied, how long he lied about it, and what else he may have lied about. And if he lies again, of course!
    Anonymous

• That's too old for my liking lol. I'd think ahead, especially if you want more kids.
    Anonymous

• It'd make me wonder what else he has been lying about
    Anonymous

• He probably thought you might not like him if you knew how old he was. Women arn't the only ones that lie about their age. Just ask him why he lied and let him know that you can't base a relationship on lies so if there is anything else he is lying about he might want to come clean now.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• When i met my fiance he told me that he was 30 and i told him i was 25- we fell in love and we both felt bad about the lie so we fessed up- lol at the time i was 18 (about to turn 19) and he was really 40 here it is 5 1/2 yrs later and were engaged to be married with 3 beautiful kids and one on the way- we love eachother sooo much even though we started out on a lie lol- i think u should forgive him- i mean hey0 u love him no matter what right? my fiance and i are just about 22 yrs apart in age and i feel that "age aint nothing but a number!" lol i love that song
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Same thing happened to me with my first husband. He told me to guess his age when we first met and I said "thirty" and he let me believe it. Months later we were dating and I looked at his ID one day and found out he was 44! I was a little mad but understood that he thought he wouldn't have a chance with me if I knew he was 23 years older than me.
    By the way he got me pregnant when he was 46 so ignore the comment about him being too old to have kids.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well, on one hand it's not a big deal, but on the other, it kind of is. Age is just a number, and it certainly isn't the WORST thing he could have lied about. Which is why it is kind of a big deal, b/c if he lied about that, what else might he lie or have lied about? I'd tell him you need him to come completely clean and that if he lies again, that will be the end of it. And find out why he lied.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My dad was 47 when he got my mom pregnant with me, and she was 38 so I'm sure that couldn't have been easy, so i'm not worried about having more kids.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2009