crib advice!

DD will be 1 on the 21st and as of her birthday she is going to be transitioned to her crib from the pack n play in my room. My question(s) are. 1) is she old enough for bumper pads (im terrified of sids still and want to make sure i am not increasing her chances) and 2) I have the jenny lind spindle type crib and i dropped the floor down but didnt put it on the very last knotch is that far enough? As long as her head isnt over the side rail when she stands?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 1:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my daughter was transitioned to a toddler bed on her first birthday but if you still want her in a crib then do not use bumper pads Because it is dangerous for kids who are already pulling themselves up. Im not really sure about the height of the bed compared to rails at that age though. If she isa proficient walker I would seriously consider using a toddler bed with bedrails.
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 1:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• There actually is no reason for bumper pads by that age they usually say to take them off b/c they could roll over and suffocate themselves. I believe the correct height is under the arm..so she should be fine as long as the top of the crib doesn't go below her arm. :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I used the breathable bumper pads at that age. Well, I used them them the whole time. They don't have any padding but they keep their arms and legs in the crib. Also, if they try to stand on them to get out it will just calapse.
    Anonymous

• My girls have never slept with bumpers. I never really got the point of them... My 2 year-old sleeps all pressed up against the bars, but she sleeps straight through the night and wakes up refreshed! I wouldn't mess with bumpers unless you really see a reason to have them... a reason besides that it makes them look more comfortable/cozy by our standards...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I took bumper pads away at 12 months but I had a climber...
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 8:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009