20 weeks pregnant, Migraines and protien in urine?

Hey guys! Im now 20 weeks pregnant. The last several weeks i've had aweful migraines that are controlled with absolutely nothing! I don't know about my blood pressure but i am having visual disturbances and the headache doesn't go away no matter what... It even wakes me up when im sleeping. I went and got some of those strips that test the protein in urine and it said I have a trace. Is this anything to worry about? I just want out of this pain! Please help...
Rachael

blondisfun

Asked by blondisfun at 1:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try drinking more water and tell your doctor about it there maybe something they can do for you.
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 1:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• EVERYTHING you mentioned SCREAMS Pre-Eclampsia which can be extremely dangerous if not controlled. You need to contact your doctor RIGHT NOW!!

No if, ands, or buts about it! If you can't get throw to the doctor go to Labor and Delivery at your local hospital.

This is not only dangerous for you but can be deadly for both you and your baby!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Anonymous

• "Through" not "throw"

Sorry about the misspelling. It's been one of those days.
    Anonymous

• I am in the same situation. I didn't buy the protein test though, the doctor is the one that told me. You should look into getting a blood pressure machine (one that does it for you basically) so that you can monitor yourself. Talk to your doctor about it for sure. They always test at prenatal appointments, so if they haven't mentioned anything the protein is probably a new thing. Turns out I don't have Preeclampsia but they still want me to monitor just in case. Anything over 140 (the top number of your BP) go to the ER. Good luck hun!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yes there could be a big problem. im currently 33 weeks and im having the same problems, but i have the high blood pressure as well as protein and headaches im now diagnosed with preeclampsia a VERY harmful condition. you need to talk with you dr about whats going on its very important....Its not a good thing to come by
    nicole103124

Answer by nicole103124 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• yes there could be a problem. im 27 weeks, i have swelling, headaches, high blood pressure and alot of protein in my urine. preclamsia can cause all of that
    kristy_shawn03

Answer by kristy_shawn03 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2009