Are there any women our there whose spouse is diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression?

My husband is a disabled veteran and is diagnosed with having severe anxiety and severe depression. He has these mood swings and I feel he hates me on some days. He says he can't stand me on one day then the next he does something to show me he loves me. What do I do? We have talked to his councelor, and councelor says that this is what they will do it is normal. How do I show my husband I still love him with out him getting upset with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Health

• Is he on medication of any sort?
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• there is a GREAT medication out now called Pristiq.. it's expensive but works really well ( a friend of mine is on it)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my dh is bi polar hes not agressive but he goes into these spells for days where he wont touch me,talk to me, or play with the kids, he just started treatment,meds, therpy, the only advice i can give ya is watch for warning signs and try to distract him with something he likes to do..this owrks for my dh sometimes
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be bothered by his negative comments because they are more about him than about you.He is suffering alot emotionally and he is taking it out on you.There might be a part of him that secretly envies you because you aren't hurting like him, that is making him resentful and that's why he says mean things to drag you down into his pit.So try to find positive affirmations in music,books,church or whatever so you can help yourself through this.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 8:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My DH was diagnosed with depression and ADD, and he's on an SSRI for the depression and a medication that is usually used for bipolar (lamotrigine). I think the medications have saved our marriage. He never hit me, but the intensity (and inappropriateness) of his anger scared me. More than once I just prayed for God to let me know if I should take the kids and leave. The difference is like night and day. I wish you the best of luck. Do not stay in an abusive situation, if it becomes that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Hello, this was my question, No I don't treat him any different than I did when we got together. He is on antidepressants, and anxiety meds he is also on meds for his pain. He has went as far as filling out personal adds on the internet, we are seeing his councelor for marriage help as well as anxiety and depression.. one day he acts one way the next day he acts another. Like tonite we were eating dinner and he gave my leg a touch under the table, and not like a quick touch was a long soft touch. Then tonight when we got home from dinner all heck broke loose. b/c I went into get a kiss.
    CrystalCrumb

Answer by CrystalCrumb at 1:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009