just like alot of other moms.....

just like alot of other moms out there, im looking for a stay at home job. Ive been out of work for 8months now and things are getting really tight for me and my 2 kids. Is there anything I can do to bring in some extra money or a job i can do from home that doesnt require a start up cost or atleast a VERY SMALL one? I dont think I would be good at selling because I dont have anyone to sell to. Does anyone have success making money from home? Please let me know what you do with detail, thanks so much :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've got a list of work at home jobs at : (all free) http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am so glad that you asked about working at home! I work from home and i absolutely love it! The comp I work with just recently won an award from the BBB for its ethics and integrity with its customers, employees and the community so NO SCAM! I have 2 kids too, 2 little boys so I know how it is! There is NO selling (I can't sell either) and very little start up... If interested in getting more info, I would love to talk with you. You can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. This may just be the perfect fit for you, I know it was for me! Hope I can help!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 3:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and links for working at home.  You can view them in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Articles

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Why don't you try selling Avon. The nice thing is that you don't have to know anyone to be successful. Its easy to find customers online and in person and they are very popular inexpensive products. There are lots of ways to make money beside regular selling too. You can sell online, you can host fundraisers for your community, churches, schools etc, you can have vendor booths at fairs and more. Its only $20 to start www.start.youravon.com use ref code dhullum :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I work from home and started getting paid within about a week My website is http://www.freedomathometeam.com/tcarter This is a legit company. Make sure you listen to the overview and my contact info is on there if you have any questions. I have a 3 yr old and am in my 3rd trimester, so I can relate. Also follow my blog wahdiva.blogspot.com That can give you more info about me and where I'm at in regaurds to work.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009