This may be a silly question but...

I am due mid August and I was wondering how do I dress my baby to come home since it is hot out? I know they need a little more layers then we do but what should she wear? My two other babies where winter babies and it was never a question about what they should wear obviously because it was so cold out. I just have never had a newborn in the summer before. Thanks for the advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son was born August 7th && we got to go home around the 11th. He wore a onesie, socks, a hat, && was wrapped one of those little blankets that the hospital provides.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Maybe pack a few things so you can judge on that day what to dress him in. If it's raining and really chilly you obviously don't want him in shorts and a t-shirt....a pair of cotton jamies with the footsies and a pair of socks and the little hat most hospitals give you should be fine but just pack a few things so you have options for that day.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• A light cotton footsie should be perfect, as long as he's covered with a thin blanket. If you're going to run the A/C in the car on the way home, you might want to put a thin cotton hat on him too. They only need one more layer than what you're wearing, and it's really hard to find the temperature that THEY like to be at. (My youngest daughter is VERY hot-natured, and had been since she was born.)
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 3:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• onsie, then just wrap a light swaddling blanket around him in the carseat. They do not need more layers, a baby can get overheated just as easily as they can get too cold. Just dress according to the weather outside.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• This obviously depends on what area of the country you are in? In general they say the babes need one layer more then we can wear comfortably and think about whether you are going to running AC in the car or not.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My son was born in July... he wore a onsie and shorts... no socks or hat, it was HOT! We sometimes put a blanket over his legs when he was in his car seat on the days it was cooler.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my son was an august baby. I brought him home in a onesie and a light blanket. I never messed with hats on either if my kids. it's just too hot ion the summer for that and babies can overheat just as easily as the can get too cold.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 9:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my daughter came home in august, I put her in a pretty dress and wrapped her in a blankie
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Luke was born on the 31st of August and he just wore a little onsie and socks and a hat that was it :)
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My son was born on July 4th and it was 96 degrees when we left the hospital. He left in a onsies outfit and a light blanket. Nothing else. The first few months of his life, he lived in onesies or short outfits. I would lay a light blanket on him when we were in the car and the AC was on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2009