Are you ever jealous of moms with newborns?

I have 3 pre-schoolers. I get 'jealous' when I see mommas with their tiny little newborns. I felt like I had this 'prize' or the coveted treasure when I was the mom with the newborn. Now my babies are big!! I understand being jealous if you don't, or worse can't have children. But I've had three in the last 5 years!! I can't think about it too much or else I'll want another baby!!! Do other moms feel like this??

oporb

Asked by oporb at 2:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I feel a strong pang when I see a newborn. It isn't jealousy or envy. It is my biological makeup sending a signal. I think: "Bless this family." :)

Answer by Bmat at 2:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't feel jealousy. My daughter is only a year old and she still gets lots of attention because she's very beautiful. I feel very lucky.
    Anonymous

• Not at all! My daughter is five months old and I *so* wish I could have skipped the newborn stage. I fought so hard not to kill myself during that time...it's a really dark part of my life. I'm not meant for taking care of teeny weeny babies. I much prefer my daughter now, with her smiling and laughing and being a little more independent. I empathize more with moms of newborns because it wasn't too long ago that I was dealing with sleepness nights and endless crying and thankless long hours.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• At the moment no. LOL I have a 21 month old and I'm pregnant, However, when my oldest was 3 years old and I wanted more I did feel that way. I also felt that way when I couldn't get pregnant, but I know what you mean. It's different now that I have kids. I'm sure that in a couple years I'll be in a similar position. :) Wishing I Had that little newborn again.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 3:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• NOT AT ALL!!! I'm only jealous of those w/o kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I feel relief. I was not fond of the newborn stage.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 7:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well, I don't know if it's jealousy, but I do with I could have another baby.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my first...and a bit terrified of the newborn stage!
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 8:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I think at a newborn stage, everyone is all "ohh how cute" and when they get older everyone is like "shut that f*ing kid up" in public.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 8:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Heck no. I usually tell them "I am glad it is you and not me" or "I don't miss when my kids were that small".
    dddd2776

Answer by dddd2776 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2009