How do I train my son to go pee standing?

I am 17 and a single mom of a todler he is 2 years will be 3 next month on the 8th and i know he is getting to the age where he can go pee standing now his dad left me back when our son was 6 months so when is at the age when he can be trained to go pee standing up how can i do that since im a girl i dont stand when im going pee and the father is no longer invold in his life.

s17mama

Asked by s17mama at 2:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put cheerios/fruit loops in the toilet and tell him to aim towards them, like a game :) If he asks why he has to stand and you sit, you can tell him that it's because he is a boy and you are a girl!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Make it like a game as tangleballover said.
    but as a warning, do not be angry or discipline him if he pees in the toilet standing up and ends up crapping on the floor. Most little boys have a hard time with this (or so i've read, i did not have this problem with my boys). GL.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'd wait until he asked to do it. Teach him to go sitting down first, your bathroom will stay MUCH cleaner. Balancing on a step-stool, while aiming into the potty, while twisting and turning your head (and body) to look all around the room because you are bored is a good way to get pee everywhere.
    And as outstandingLove says - there's the risk that young toddlers will do both bathroom functions at the same time.

No one says he has to pee standing up. Wait until he notices other boys doing it and either just does it on his own or asks if he can. By then, he'll be old enough for the "sink the target" tricks to work.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I did the cheerios thing with my Son, it made it fun for him to stand. But there is no real reason he has to stand. If he's comfortable then let him sit.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009