what does your religion say about make-up?

must you? Can you but you just don't bother? Is it forbidden?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely nothing. I can only think of two reasons a religion would bother with the issue.
    1. To mirror the look of a god, goddess or hero.
    2. To further the religion's control of your personal life.
    Those are the only two I can think of, but I will be interested to hear if others come up with other reasons.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• not a thing :).

makeup

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Honestly my religion/religious beliefs don't have anything to say about make-up. I'll wear it every now and then, but most of the time I don't even bother.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My religion is okay with that. Especially for going to church. God wants you to look beautiful, but modest for him when you visit to talk about him. But you are not obligated to. Its all about how you feel serving him.
    Anonymous

• Islam says you can wear it and beautify yourself with it.. for yourself and your husband not for public display
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Mine is fine with it as long as you "don't come out looking like you got caught in a paintball war," lol.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 10:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2009