Should I take him back?

My ex and I broke up because of his meddling mother. It's been almost a year, and we have continued to be friends for the sake of our 12 month old daughter. His mother has never apologized to me for the things she said/did, and she hasn't seen our daughter in almost 7 months (her choice, not mine).

Well, my ex is now saying he wants to be with me again so we can have a proper home for our daughter. He says he loves me and now realizes all the trouble his mother caused (he's been in denial up until now). He says that even if we have to move across the country to get away from her, he'd be willing for me and the baby.

I don't know what to think. I've been raising our daughter by myself for 10 months (he moved back to "Mommy's" when dd was 2 months old, because she told him to!!!), and ever since then, I haven't felt the same about him. I don't know if I can trust him.

What w

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• This was one huge reason behind the downfall of my first marriage. Mommy had refused to pop her tit out of his mouth for 25 years! After we divorced, he realized what he had let her do to his life, and begged me to take him back. There were too many bad memories for me to say yes, but we stayed friends. He truly regretted letting his mother ruin our relationship. If you think he's sincere, give him another chance. Maybe he just didn't realize what he had until it was gone.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 3:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• OP

What would you do? I'm really confused...
    Anonymous

• you're probably going to end up with the same situation.How old is this guy to be still living with his mom?Tell him to get his own place first and show you he can be independent and then you'll decide whether or not you can be together.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Have him prove himself and provide a home for you to move into; however, if you don't feel the same way about him that you did you will have a lot of work to do to make it work. Just make sure you have your own money in case it doesn't work and you have to start providing for yourself again.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• no, i made that mistake and got dumped time and time again.. so i wouldnt.. and i was with him 6 yrs
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If you love him then give him another chance.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 3:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I think it is great that he is breaking mommy's hold on him-- but I would be very cautious and make him prove himself before I would move in with him. I would work on repairing the relationship. Take it slow, date each other, and make sure he has grown up and is not 'mommys boy' anymore. I think couples counseling might be a good idea too.
    If you honestly don't love him or think it will work then you should tell him, "I am sorry, but too much has happened. I have moved on with my life and hope you will too". I hope that whatever you decide everything works out- good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• what do you want him to do to prove he isn't a momma's boy anymore? move out? whatever it is, let him know what you expect, tell him to think about it and then see if his actions match his words. I would give a guy like this a chance but I'd be pretty guarded. You have a child, so if he's honestly willing to make an effort, you need to try a little. If he can't man up, then you know.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 3:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• WELL IF HE LOVESHE WOIULD MAKE IS MOM APOLFIZE TO YOU FOR WAHT SHE SAID BUI WOULD NT GO BACK TO HIM JUSY YET IF I WAS YOU IWENT THROUGHT TYHE SAME SITIONMWITH MY BOY FRIEND AND HIDS MOM BUT THEN SHE DID D 2YEARSAGO OF CANCER AND MY DAUGHTER GOT TO SEEHER THE THANGIVING BEFORE THE CHRISTMAS HE DIED THSAT WAS THE LASTIME SHE GO TO SEE HER DADSS MOMSO IF IWAS YOU IWOULD ASK HIM TO MAKE HER apologize to yu because thats yuor baysgranmother and shemissing out on alot of herlifs sh missing out on her crawling firsttsteps n everything so before yumakee any choices o go back to him have him make her apogileze
    rhondarktrnd01

Answer by rhondarktrnd01 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2009