Why do you think people get upset about Harry Potter, when as kids we reads books like "The Lion,The Witch and The Wardrobe" and "A Winkle In Time" and watched movies such as "The Wizard Of Oz"?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 2:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Entertainment

• there are a lot of religions that say witchcraft and sorcery is bad, but my take on is :IT IS FICTION, NOT REAL, FANTASY . When I read I want to escape to another world, whats wrong with that. The bottom line is good vs evil. Anything that encourages my kid to read, I'm all for it.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i have never known anyone to be upset about it lol i love harry potter ..
    oh and thanks you just gave me a great movie idea for tonight lol
    wizard of oz lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• WRINKLE lol
    Anonymous

• The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe is from C.S. Lewis, who is a Christian Author. If you pay attention, it's a CHRISTIAN story. If you've never heard of C.S. Lewis then read Screw Tape Letters, he is amazing.

The problem with Harry Potter is that it is sorcery & witch craft.
    Anonymous

• This story still had magic in it. Isn't that basically sorcery. It is make believe. We certain did that when we were kids. I think parents forget what it means to be a child with an active imagination..I mean, you tell your kids that Santa, The Easter Bunny and The Tooth Fairy are real, right?
    Anonymous

• JK Rowling IS ALSO A CHRISTIAN and one can clearly see the religious undertones in the books if one reads cares to.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Because people need a reason to b**** and complain and make drama.
    Anonymous

• People are stupid. Most never read the book, and most follow the opinions of their religious "guides" rather then finding out for themselves.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 8:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• A Wrinkle In Time! Man, I loved that book! Thanks for reminding me of that! I don't get the whole issue with Harry Potter. My Grandma used to yell at me about it when I was younger because my little brother liked the movies so much. She would be like "It's witchcraft"......and then turn around and watch her soaps.....her soaps which had premarital sex, adultery, oh, and one of the characters was a witch! I never did point that out to her or argue with her though, that was right after she got diagnosed with cancer. But if you pick apart the books people who have a problem with Harry Potter read or the shows they watch, I'll bet you'll find they're being pretty inconsistent too.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• What's the problem? It is just a story after all! The orig Wiz of Oz is not the one shown to us for the the last unpteen years...Have you read the Origional story? While we're on the subject, how many kids did you know growing up watched Bugs Bunny and the dropped an anvil on their friend's head? Alice In Wonderland banned. How about the Brother's Grimm while we're at it? Sorry, but stories are just that...stories!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009