• In the Spotlight:

Sabbath question

I know that God has asked us to not sell or spend money unless we ahve to on the sabbath. So ym husband wants me to host our yard sale this saturday well duh that's sabbath day. He's a non believer so doesn't see the problem with it. I know I could say something but idk...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God says the SEVENTH DAY is sabbath, Well throught time that has been SATURDAY!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Please let me know where it says we are not to spend money on Saturday. You are right, Saturday is the Sabbath.
    Anonymous

• Nehemiah 13 verse 15 specifically
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Sabbath is a sign of the Old Covenant (Deut 5:2-3, Exod 31:17), and the Old Covenant was given to Israel (Ex 31:17) and not anyone else (Deut 5:2-3) which is why Orthodox Jews continue to observe the Friday sunset to Saturday sunset Sabbath. If you are Jewish I can understand why you would not want to have a garage sale on Saturday and so I would not do it.
    Anonymous

• sounds like it's for jewish sabbath. if it is, then if you follow your religion then why do it.. just do it on sunday.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Cause hubby asked me too.
    Anonymous

• Actually, god doesn't SAY specifically which day is the sabbath and if he does anywhere I'd like to see the bible quote. Some say Sunday, some say Saturday, and some even go with Friday, because it is never spelled out which one it is. You're supposed to "honor it" but he never says which day it is. Which kind of makes it impossible to honor, doesn't it?
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009