What should I do with all my recipes?

I am a cook book lover! I have gotten so many..some that I have bought myself and others that were left to me by my momma. I'm okay with those. I also have lots of cooking magazines, paper clippings, and quick write downs off of the tv. Here again, alot of these used to belong to my momma and even her momma. My question is...should I place the recipes from these that I like on a disc, rewrite them in a notebook, or just keep them and better organize them? It is just hard to let go of the ones that were left to me. Some of the recipe newspapers date back to the late 40's. I want to keep my books, it's just all these others. Could any of you give me some advice on what would be the best thing for me to do?
Thanks to all that reply.

CountryGal6320

Asked by CountryGal6320 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For some of your older loose recipe have you thought of putting together a scrapbook with a picture of the person and a picture of the dish along with the recipe. It would be a great way to preserve some of the history.
    fancey209

Answer by fancey209 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I like the scrapbook suggestion and that's what I was planning on doing with mine.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• give them to me??....lol... yea type em up, make a book or something so u can keep them all in order
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'd make sure to have copies on disc. But for the nostalgia, the scrapbook idea sounds wonderful, and a fine legacy for your children. Be sure to include any memories that you have about the recipes: "Grandma always made this for Thanksgiving. " Like that. or "This is just as good using margarine instead of lard." Or "This was Granddad's favorite dish, and Grandma made it every Sunday."

Answer by Bmat at 4:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• There is a website somewhere where you can scan in your recipes and they will make your own cookbook. I wish I remembered what it was called.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2009