Anyone on Cafemom living in Seatle Washington

if so can you tell what is a safe, affordable area (housing), Jobs, and tell all about the ocean lol.

Thinking of relocating is it a good state to consider? We are doing our own research, but would like to hear about your personal experience with living or vacationing in this state thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I love living in the Seattle area. Cost of living in Seattle is moderately high. The average price of a home in the King County area-- which includes all of Seattle and the outlying suburbs, is about $400K. If you go outside of King County and to Pierce or Snohomish County, you'll be looking at average home prices of $300K. A 20 mile commute, which is what you'll need to do to live outside of King County, can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. I live outside the city in Snohomish county and count on a 1 hour commute each way.

Despite the high cost, I love it here. I have the ocean, the mountains, and Canada! :) There are a lot of local businesses, a love for the environment, and an appreciation for each other. Most areas are safe and generally good schools.

If you have more questions, feel free to email me.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I live in snohomish county as well, have to say this state it self is great but a little high but still not to bad, jobs are pretty good around here, but depents on what you do.
    Overall you get what you pay for.. great place
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009