successful dieting?

was there any diet you went on that really worked for you? what's it called? what did you have to do for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Health

• There is no such thing!!
    When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• The funny thing is, not really. I just quit eating junk. And, diets end. And when it does , I promise, you WILL gain it back. So, it has to be something you are changing. I am done with weightloss, but I still maintain my eating habits. I don't eat junk. (except maybe once a week :-)

Change your lifestyle. You will be able to keep the weight off that way!!! I went from a size 11 to a 5 in 5 months. Exercising and not eating alot of junk (I still do have my treats, just not hundreds of cals a day of it!)
    Need any more advice, please msg me!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• There is ONE that has worked for me, the South Beach plan. It's not a diet so much as a way of changing your eating habits to cut out a lot of empty carbs. It starts out very limited in carbs but gradually eases healthy carbs back into your eating. This change in eating habits will never end as long as you are committed to eating healthy, and why would anyone want to go back to eating junk and putting on weight? Not me; I've lost 10 lbs. in 2 months, lost 7 1/2 inches from my waist, dropped my blood sugar levels from over 300 to a very normal range (I'm diabetic) and I went from a size 10 in stretch jeans to 8 in regular jeans. (I've had 5 kids and I seriously doubt I'll ever see a 5 again)
    Eating healthy does NOT equal eating only diet foods. On this plan I enjoy meals and snacks and don't have to buy special foods. My family loves the meals and WANTED to eat the way I do! Does that say anything about this plan? LOL
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yes. It was my self-designed "Exercise-And-Don't-Eat-So-Much" diet. I was never one for swearing off junk food and living on salads. In fact when I first started losing weight, I was eating pretty much the same foods that I was eating before, just in smaller amounts. I'd go to McD's and instead of ordering a 2-cheeseburger meal supersized (with a diet cola, of course!), I'd go there and get a cheeseburger happy meal. I was amazed at how little food I really needed to feel satisfied. And I just went from there and and the weight came off--very very slowly, but steadily. And as the weight came off, I actually started craving healthier foods. I've gone through phases as far as the quality of my diet, but the weight has pretty much stayed off, except for when I was really skinny for a short period due to a medication. And now I'm 20 wks pregnant so obviously I'm up in weight. lol.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 7:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2009