• In the Spotlight:

Why do big women complain about being big all the time but do NOTHING about it!? I mean sometimes they will complain while they are eating a cheeseburger!!

There is this woman from work who does this and its sooo annoying!! I watch everything I eat to stay thin and if I think I have added a few pounds I do something about it. I just wanna give her a carrot or something!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i lost one pound and i need to loss 40 but i dont eat junk food im on a diet that i am happy about it will take time but i know i will loss it and i know what you mean
    Anonymous

• Well I can only speak for myself, but as a big person I also understand what you are saying. I eat very healthy 99% of the time. I do however a couple days a month (like 2 or 3 days a month) have some treats. However i know I can not complain about being big even though I am doing stuff to help it. It does no good to complain about being big, just doing what I can to help it and its a VERRRYYYY slow process! But if I were to deny myself of every single food I really love, I would in the end end up bingeing on horribly unhealthy foods. Now if this woman is doing it daily, maybe say something to her along the lines of helping her find healthier recipes or something. I wouldn't get offended if it were me complaining while eating a cheeseburger and someone offered me FRIENDLY advice, not condescending. maybe she just doesn't know about healthy options for real.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i used to weigh 89lbs, i basicly ate an apple every other day, and alot of water during the day, then i met my fiance, started eating, gained weight, got prego i now weigh like 235 im 5ft 7 i complain about being big alot, but i dont eat bad, when ur overweight its alot harder to get out and work it off, or even find the motivation too. i now am excersizing 2hrs daily and have eliminated "bad" foods for about 2mnths now, and havnt lost more than 5lbs. it takes alot when ur big. give her motivation and dont b so critical of her, some people have reasons, depression thyroid cant get out to work out due to injury's etc u could help her and give her a carrot and walk during lunch hr!
    Anonymous

• Some people have fucking medical illnesses that make them unable to lose a significant amount of weight.

How would you like it if I talked about you looking anorexic all the time, you skinny bitch? Doesn't feel nice, does it?

Don't judge people if you don't know their stories. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone judging you.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Why do scrawny women complain about being fat all the time, while they're shoving cheeseburgers down THEIR throats, eh?

_Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 4:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'm a big person but I don't complain. I know I'm big because of what I eat and I don't exercise. I have no right to complain if I'm not doing anything about it. On the other hand I do have medical issues that make it impossible for me to do any kind of cardio exercise (the kind that really helps you shed the pounds). There are a lot of healthy foods I can't eat either like salads and most vegetables. I probably should reduce my calorie intake and maybe I will but don't be so quick to judge someone if you don't know the whole story.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• so what? ..... maybe they have trouble losing weight... you don't know them enough to pass judgement... so because they have a few extra pounds they can't have a cheeseburger?? i find this question rude and innaprop. find something better to do with your time OP.

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Because we are all human. People are so rude to big people. Who cares if they have a cheeseburger? Maybe it's their monthly allotted double cheeseburger with a large fry and an ice cream sundae. Maybe they don't do anything about it, none of your business.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 4:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have been trying to lose weight for 7 months now, and I have luckily managed to lose a whopping 20 pounds! I exercise for an hoursEVERYDAY and watch what I eat, but it is just not coming off. Obviously you are not this persons friends or you would know her story. My friends listen to me complain too, but they would never be so rude as to wonder why I eat a cheeseburger (or should us fat people just stop eating until we look like you? And on that note, when we do look like you, do we have to have your nasty attitude too, or are we allowed to be nice?)
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• OP I hear ya! I have seen obese people wave off healthy foods "Oh I'm on a diet" then swing by McD's and order the entire menu! I also believe they make the most excuses as to why they are obese ~ just another form of denial and an excuse to eat the whole cake. Gosh I have a medical issue too ~ I am in constant pain but I refuse to be on mind altering meds and lay around. I started gaining wt because of it but nipped that in the bud! I do not want diabetes/ heart disease or my thighs lighting a bush fire when I wear nylons while walking down the street!
    To their defense ~ yes some meds make you gain wt ~ and some health issues and if that be the case then lay off the chips! Have you read the cheeto's bag ~Suggested serving = 9 cheetos ~thats it no more ~ not the whole bag.
    Sorry if I offended any one but I have been a medical professional for a long time and I am on to your eating habits ~ I see what your family brings you!
    Anonymous