Have a question please.

How long after conception does it take for a pregnancy test to show up? Like, I know they say that the date of conception is considered the start of your third week of pregnancy, but how long til a test shows up? Date of conception would have been on the 6th and AF is due the 22nd. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• some people can get 2 weeks and some dont get a pos til like 7 weeks that was me i was 7 weeks and got the pos
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• With my son, I got a BFP 18 days after conception, but I had no idea I was pregnant, my periods were jacked, and I just thought one day, "Hmm, I think I may take a HPT today, and sure enough I was" So I may have been able to get a pos sooner than that. Just curious. Thanks
    Anonymous

• I got a positive just 10 days after ovulation.
    Anonymous

• Wow, Anon 505, thats insane. I am due to start AF on the 22nd, so I will prolly buy a test and take it Friday or Saturday
    Anonymous

• To be on the safe side wait until your period is late. That would be the most accurate time. You dont want to take one too early and lose hope. You have to let your hcg levels raise a bit before they can be identified in the test. I feel your pain though! Waiting sucks!!! Im due for AF on the 19th and Im praying that im pregnant. I dont know if i can wait the week to take the test lol but Im going to try to wait as long as possible before I take one
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 8:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Ya, I am not so much praying that I am. But if I am, I will be happy about it. When is the timing "really" right anyways?
    Anonymous