9 months old looking the ceiling fun...

Is it normal that a 9 months old baby looks the ceiling fun.....i think he just noticed the ceiling fun and it catched his attention, he is not all the time on the ceiling fun, but for moments he watches it for a few seconds, them go to do another thing and again came back to the ceiling fun....is that normal?
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow! Good for him! It shows a sharp awareness of his surroundings and a healthy curiosity.

Answer by Bmat at 4:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Oh yes it is totally normal! It caught his attention and there is nothing wrong with that! I have seen babies my whole life that LOVEEE to stare at ceiling fans. My little cousin will even fall asleep if he looks at it for so long. He is just curious and probably is sitting there wondering what the heck that thing is and how is it moving so fast!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yes its normal. Chloe always liked to watch the fan when she was an infant. She will still check it out at 18 months from time to time.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• yes VERY normal. My son loved the ceiling fan and when he was fussy sometimes we would spin it. He is 17 months old and they still catch his eye. No worries Mama! :-)
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My daughter LOVES our ceiling fan. She has been noticing it since she was about 2 months old, and it's even better when it moves around (our air condition pushes it slowly around) She will smile and giggle when she sees it. We always joke that it is her best friend. She is 4 months now.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my middle one loved it, she even got into fights with it, she'd get really upset and grunt at it, totally hilarious. my 5 1/2 month son found it not too long ago, I had it on and he was just there, cooing at it, the funny thing was, when I turned it off, he actually started crying !! super normal, nothing to worry about !
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2009