Anyone know where to buy an inexpensive laptop?

Looking to pay under $400. I have two computers so don't want to spend a ton but want to have a laptop so I can access the internet while I am stuck in bed recovering from surgery.

Thanks

partiesbyjan

Asked by partiesbyjan at 4:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• eBay or maybe a salvage store
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• They have some very small ones now for about $200. They are not for those who use their laptops for doing a lot of work and such but are great for surfing the net, writing simple papers, etc. HP has one or I saw another brand you can buy at Target.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Ebay. You could also check ShopNBC.com I saw one on there for like $275 last month.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• what kind of software and warranty do want?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You can buy one of the little 8 or 9" ones from Walmart for like 199.99, Staples for like 249.00, or you can also rent them from Aaron's Rent to Own.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Best Buy has their Compaq laptops for 399. They are awesome and so cheap! You can finance them for just a few bucks a month. I searched everywhere when I was looking for mine and Best Buy was less than everywhere else including Walmart, Target and places you would expect to find a great deal.
    Anonymous

• Wal-Mart
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would just get a little one. They have great deals going on around me right now. I just got a laptop with tons of memory and it came with a free wireless router and printer from American for about $575. That was for the higher memory and everything too. I'm sure you can get one for less.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2009