Any other mommies out there with itchy preggy bellies?

I am 25 weeks with my 4th baby, and even though it is cool right now where we live, I just want to scratch my skin off my entire body sometimes. Are there any other mommies out there suffering with this too? Other than lotions or oils, what other methods are you using to calm your skin?
Thanks,
Amynic
www.EnhancingFamilies.com ----- Helping Moms Stay Home and Raise Happy, Healthy Kids

amynic

Asked by amynic at 4:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i am the same way it isnt just on my stomach it's all over and i just scratch and scratch nothing seems to help it not even lotions
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 4:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I know how you feel I went through the same thing with both of mine and honestly the only thing that helped me was coco butter no matte what time of year it was .
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Moisturizing Body wash! that helps to some extent. I have to use oil or I Itch all day. Lotion doesnt help :(. Also baby wipes stop the itch for a little while for me. Especially after i've itched so much im all red.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Oh and I forgot to mention, that I have gotten bug bites too, all over my body, I know its gross, but thought that it was bed bugs, but my hubby doesn't have a single bite, funny huh? So does that mean that as preggo mommies, our blood is just super sweet to those bugs? LOL
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 4:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I swear by Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream, it helps keep your skin hydrated. Also try not to take really hot showers, and try using soaps that aren't perfumed or dyed... or buy a brand with mostureizer. Make sure you're drinking enough water too. I still itch badly on my legs sometimes even with all that, but I also have exzema.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I haven't got it tooo bad, but my belly does itch more when pregnant!

WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have Pupps or some wierd name like that I wanted to scatch my freaking skin off... This is how I I got it to stop i take a shower and wash with aveno skin relief body wash and then I dry off and but aveno itch lotion all over my body then I take this prescrstion my dr gave me called hydroxyzine pamoate 25mg capsoles. and it works. I am 32 weeks and according to my dr. the itchong alone with out any treatment won't stop until after you deliever and I know i couldn't make it another 8 weeks with it. It works.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Same here, but I've just been using lotion. I use a basic store brand cocoa butter lotion, and St. Ive's Collagen Elastin lotion. I love that stuff!
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am like that on my stomach sometimes, but its more my thighs lately.. its NUTS. ive been using cocoa butter, but it doesnt work for very long
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009