For religion's that see peircings and tattoos as bad, do they see ear peircing in the same way?

Or just body?

I see so many people who have peirced ears talking about how body peircing is mutilation and disgusting. Or how, it's evil. I have heard the "Your body is a temple" speach LOTS OF TIMES over the years from people with holes in their ears...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• 80s bluemutilation is mutilation, regardless of where it's at.. lol.. (personally I don't have a problem with piercings lol, but I get your point.)

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• LOL I think they are hypocrites. They just don't like someone else's holes.

Anonymous

• My cousin attends a church where all piercings are seen as bad. Her mom had her ears pierced as a baby, and she has had them out since her late teen yrs (she is 32 now), and they will not grow over. She is very self conscious of those holes, but they understand the holes were not put there of her own free will.
    I see ear piercings as the same as any other body modifications. If someone with pierced ears (wearing earrings) is preaching against it....that is hypocritical.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Personally I see it as "It's your body" I will tell my children that if they want them, go for it, but try to be smart about it. A bull ring through the nose isn't going to get you a seat in the board room. But a nipple ring is easily hidden. I feel the same with Tats. Personally I have always had a rule about tats. If I guy doesn't have them, he doesn't get me. lol! I LOVE THEM! I used to have a freind that did competitions for most skin artistically covered.

However, if a religion sees the body as sacred I can see that as well. What I don't understand is people that say it's a sin to peirce your belly button but not your ears. So, I'm wondering what the actual religious verdict is on the subject...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• ColleenF30 ~ And that would be one of the MANY reasons I don't believe in peircing a babies ears...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't think God or whomever or whatever you beilieve in will look at you when you die and say, "sorry lady you can't come in with that tattoo or those extra body holes you have no matter how good you have been and no matter whether you let me into your life or not."
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My family didn't believe in any piercing, even ears. I knew I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced as a child. I did when I moved out and went to college. Very soon after starting college LOL.

Then later, got my belly button, nipple, nose, tongue and even my eyebrow pierced. At the time I got the "body piercings" I had no ear piercings though. I thought that was pretty funny.

I do go to church, am a strong believer, and still have my nose and tongue done. I dont' see a problem with it obviously.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I do not pierce my children. when they are old enough to care for it, then they can choose to have it done. Myself I have ears stretched to a 0g, and my tongue pierced (3 holes in each ear but I only use the one).
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My Bible says nothing about piercings, so my church doesn't either : )

Most of my church is all tatted up and pierced. I have even seen shirts that say something like, Jesus believed in body piercing and it has a picture of his hands.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I agree with ya there! It's really ironic to see those same people with ear piercings isn't it?

I have piercings and tattoos and I'm a Christian. I have not felt convicted about it. In reading the Bible, I haven't seen anything in there telling me it was a sin.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2009