How old was your child when you took them off the bottle?

I was around 10 months, it wasn't taken away I just didnt want it anymore. I know according to Doctors they shouldnt have it past 18 months. I just saw a video on this woman still breast feeding her 8 year old daughter... eew! I Know a couple like that their kid is gonna be 3 and she still has a bottle breakfast lunch and dinner. I Think thats going a little overboard! So when did you stop bottle and breast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I stopped giving both of my girls the bottle at 12 months.
    momoftwoangelz

Answer by momoftwoangelz at 4:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• 12 months. I took his pacifier away at 6 months.

Anonymous

• My son was 10 months when he didn't want the bottle anymore. And to be honest, you need to tell that couple you know that their kid is going to have messed up teeth when he grows up.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 4:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My 4 were all off their bottles by the time they turned 13 months. The last one only went that long because we had formula left. Once the formula ran out the bottles went in the garbage.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• A little after she turned one. I just threw them all in the trash. She never cared.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• With my oldest, I took it away cold turkey at 12 months, she never even noticed. With my youngest, he was a little more attached, and I didn't take it away until after my husband's R&R, so he was more like 14-15 months when I took it away.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Bottle by 12 months...breast whenever babe is ready to give it up.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Breast at 6 months because my son self-weaned. Bottle at 12 months.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I BF for over 9 months but I couldn't force her to take it anymore so I quit but because of her age I still had her on a bottle. She liked to look around and didn't want to be still long enough to eat. I tried taking away the bottle at 11 months and she stopped drinking anything and she screamed Ba ba over and over for hours. So, she was on the bottle until 15 months, When I took it away it was very difficult but she got over it after a few days.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 7:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my daughter's went away on her 1st birthday. my son refused them at about 9 1/2 months.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009