why is nudity stupid?

why is a ritual that is about becoming more natural and in tuned with nature a stupid thing? I seen that the poster about Pagan nudity, and the poster choose an answer claiming it was stupid for their best answer.. and I really would like to know why you think it is so stupid. Personally I think it's a beautiful thing.. and was a little angered by the poster and the anon that wrote that it was stupid.

(sorry I wanted to reword it so people would know my opinion, without confusion).

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 4:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I found that a bit upsetting as well, especially considering all of the thoughtful answers posted to that question. I guess that just shows what the OP of that question was really after. I honestly don't see what anyone could find stupid about it. It's a natural and comfortable state for many. But, considering how many women on CM find breastfeeding to be borderline sexual abuse, I, unfortunately, can't say I'm surprised.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I think it is sad that our society has become so negative and territorial about the beautiful bodies nature has given us. I would also like to hear why someone would consider it stupid. I suppose if you hold beliefs contrary to what the nude worshipers are practicing you could see it as pointless, but why "stupid"?

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• that's what I was thinking.. I was really kinda pissed about it.. it made me assume that the poster wrote the same reply and choose herself as a best answer because she didn't get the answers she wanted out of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well, you shold have warned me I would have copied my answer to paste here... lol!

Anyway, It's not stupid. In Pagan ritual it's used to alow oneself to more closely connect with nature and the Gods. What is more natural than being in the "all natural"? As a culture we tend to view nudity as "sexual." When the truth is no matter what faith you follow, the first people were naked with out issue.

The Bible says that Adam & Eve were naked and without shame in the Garden of Eden. Now, I'm not Christian but I would take this to mean that God created them this way and saw nothing wrong with it. They were fully connected to the earth, the animals and their God. It was only after that connection was broken that their nudity was a problem.

As a Pagan, that connection lives within me. Preforming naked is very natural. It allows me (and others) to connect in a way you just can't do while bound in fibers.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Theres nothing stupid about nudity. I haven't practiced sky clad myself but I like the idea that the human body is beautiful. We think all bodies are beautiful, no matter how small or large a person may be. We are ALL a part of this beautiful world.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• While I'm not that comfortable with nudity myself (I'm extremely reserved and modest in that respect - don't want to see other people nude, or for others to see me), I do believe that those who are able to experience nudity within the context of their spirituality are perfectly fine in doing so. I do believe that things such as sexuality and nudity can be beautiful, spiritual things, and while I choose to only experience that with my husband alone, but that doesn't mean that others should be expected to believe or experience their spirituality in the same way I do mine. I think if it gives them religious fulfillment, then that's great for them.
    My only problem with nudity/sexuality is the way that everytime you turn on the tv or see a magazine its objectifying women and glorifying sexuality, which is something I don't agree with - the lustful, vulgarity of blatant sex just for sex and so forth.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• But that sort of thing in a religious context, or even in privacy (I don't care what you do I just don't want to see it, if you kwim) is fine by me. I just don't like having to see sex or hear about sex or whatever shoved in our faces by the media.
    I don't even care if other people watch that kind of stuff, I just hate having to see it, lol.
    and, no, I wouldn't even all it stupid then, I just don't want to see it. if you want to, though, that's up to you.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• (i know that nudity doesn't have to mean sex, it just kind of goes together, and i was just trying to say that the only kind of nudity i mind, really, is the way society/media pushes sex, if that makes sense. lol, i'm shutting up now - its so hot in here i can't explain myself well enough to not ramble...)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• lol bandgeek. that was cute. i havent seen the post youre talking about, but i would feel the same way.
    allybot

Answer by allybot at 6:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2009