God agrees to murder?? Since when!?!?

I think it's really pathetic how some pro-choice women bring God into the mix, by saying that God wouldn't mind abortions. It's like- are you freaking kidding me? How the hell do they know? Whatever happened to "thou shalt not kill", was it changed to "thou shalt not kill, unless legalized by politicans"? Give me a break!!! Am I the only one that thinks this??

SinCitiChick

Asked by SinCitiChick at 4:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No kidding....why can't people just answer someone's question constructively instead of trying to incite a bunch of drama and argument. It's ridiculous. And I agree with you SinCitiChick...the logic behind using God to justify an abortion or any other murder is pretty silly and doesn't make sense, regardless of your opinion on abortion.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 4:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• wrong venue. Try the right category "religion" to further your cause. You won't change anyone's opinion but maybe you can vent. your question isn't even a real question you want answered. You just want your opinion noted. Ok. duly noted. Now go drink some tea and calm down then get your panties out of the twist they are in. No one is interested in your distorted views.
    Anonymous

• No, you're not. I read a book called "Under the Banner of Heaven" and it's about two fundementalist mormons who killed their sister in law and niece because "God told them to." I don't know how anyone could say THAT was okay, so how is having an abortion and saying that God would approve of it any different?
    Anonymous

• Actually it was a question, but then again a coward, anonymous cafemom question troll- such as yourself wouldn't notice. =) Have a great day!!
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 4:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I see it this way. IF you believe in the Christian view of God and you believe that the dead go to heaven with him, why be against abortion? Either way they will be with God, either the slow and painful way after life and sickness and god only knows what else or after a quick semi-pregnancy...

For those of us that believe in reincarnation the baby will be back, it just wan't his time for life.

So, I don't understand why ANYONE would bring God in to the mix. I personally an Pro-Choice but I am also Anti-Abortion. I believe that giving the government the right to tell us we can't abort because it's a life would open a can or worms for those on life support, in comas or terminally ill. Once the laws are passed that allow the government to decide what is life and what is not we are all screwed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I also believe that for that 2% of pregnancies that could be harmful to the mother or those babies that would only be born to die due to painful and horrid malformations or illnesses abortion needs to be a legal option. I also believe there are situations where abortion is the only option. My friends abortion saved her life. I have no doubt of that. The threat wasn't disease or the baby itself, but her boyfriend. Who beat her so bad the day he found out she had internal bleeding. He vowed that she would "get rid of it" or he would and her with "it"... She aborted and 6 months later we were finally able to legally get her out and him locked up. The day the police showed up he had her tied up in the closet... I know he would have killed her, and that baby too... So, while I am not Pro-Abortion I am pro-choice.

• what she^ said.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1482690/The_biblical_god_s_REAL_stance_on_killing_infants_and_the_unborn_PIOG

Read this. She didn't write the article she simply posted it from another link.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• because for a long time a baby wasn't considers a baby until it's first breath... some still believe this...this is why to some it's not considered murder. (because the baby is not yet a life).

however I'm pro-choice myself.. and think that after the first trimester (unless there is medical reasons) that it's murder.. so go figure. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• The point is that Pro-life people who bring God into it fail to mention the millions of innocent men woman and YES Children that are unborn and born their own God had ordered killed through the Bible.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2009