• In the Spotlight:

Question on birth weight-how much weight did you gain?

How much weight did you gain?
How late/early did you deliver?
Did you have a girl or boy?

I'm trying for a VBAC and can't see a doctor until I'm 13 weeks, I figured that it just made sense that I should stay as small as possible. I was thinking since it's my second and if it was a girl that I might not get as big, and possibly will have a smaller baby.

By the way I was about two weeks early last time with my son and he was 9lbs (I gained 45lbs though). This time my goal is 15lbs since I still have weight on me from before and that's what's recommended. Any help would be VERY much appreciated ladies! Thanks. :]

ours

Asked by ours at 4:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i gained 13 pounds.. or well, lost 10 in the begining, then gained the 10 back plus another 13... maybe 20 then? I was 123 when I first got pregnant, and 136 when I delivered. I delivered at 38 weeks by c-section becuase my daughter was breech.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Oh and while pregnant with my son I wanted to eat everything in sight, with this little one I don't really want to eat anything. Nothing looks appealing for some reason. Maybe this will help me stay smaller ;]
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• How much did she weigh?
    ours

• I don't try to control how much I gain, I figure my body knows what it's doing. I gained about 35 lbs both times, my first was 2 weeks early and he weighed 7 1/2 lbs. My second was 3 days late and she weighed 8 lbs 1 oz. So, my girl weighed more than my boy, but if she would have been born at the same gestational age, she would probably have been a little smaller.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• 6lbs 4 ozs... about 2 weeks after my c i was 115 lbs
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I weighed 124 when I found out I was pregnant and at the hospital I weighed 150 so I gained 30 pounds but it seemed to dissapear after i had her lol She was 2 days early so I was right on time :) I had a beautiful baby girl she was huge LOL 9lbs 3 oz
    Babe587

Answer by Babe587 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I gained 20 pounds. SHE was born 6 days late and weighed 7lbs 15oz :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I had gained like 40 pounds when i was pregnant with my daughter. She was only a week early and she weighed 5lbs and 7oz. but the thing is that her umbilical cord only had 2 vessels in it and there should normally be 3 so she wasnt getting the nutrients she needed. she was also delivered my c-section
    nicole103124

Answer by nicole103124 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I dont know if weight really has to do with the babys weight at all, I think its more genetic. big babies run in my familly, my mom, my sisters so on.. I gained a ton with my son like 45lbs but before I even left the hospital I had lost 23lbs..it was mostly fluid. there was alot. He was 10.13 my daughter I gained about 30lb and she was 10.10 and again, lost almost 20lb before left hospital. now Im on my 3rd, Ive gained the least weight this time about 25 so far. both my kids came on their due date. I have 3 weeks left and the baby weighs 7.5 at last ultrasound.. if our weight effected the baby's weight., why some women gain a ton and have 7lb babies? or my sister gained 20lbs and her son was larger then mine. it doesnt make sense. it is what it is...some doctors emphasize weight more then others. I really dont see how it matters..
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I gained eight pounds.
    I was induced and delivered my daughter at 41 weeks.
    She weighed 7lbs10oz at birth.

But I'm overweight to begin with, so =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009