How do i find what kids like

i have two step kids that just came to live with us full time who have had a hard road with there mom. These two children will not eat anything that i make for meals and i DONT know wha iu should do

mommy81084

Asked by mommy81084 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• How old are they? I am sorry they've had such a rotten time with their mom, but kuddos to you for trying to help them. Be patient and if they are old enough to give you suggestions get them involved with preparing lunch and supper. You never know that just might help them get over the misery they are probably feeling and also soften towards you.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• are they playing the evil step mom role with you? If thats the case they will eat when they get hungry enough. Let them know this is whats to eat and they can't have anything else. Trust me I know first hand that step kids will play you silly. They need to be dicaplined and not babied. Oh man tough situation. Step kids are a messy thing to get into
    Anonymous

• Get them involved in the cooking process. Take them to the library and take out cookbooks, kids or regular; Pretend Soup is my favorite kids cookbook.
    www.spatulatta.com is a fun cooking website.
    Take them to the grocery store and let them pick out a new vegetable to introduce to the family.
    I have a ton of delicious, healthy, family and kid friendly recipes that I would be happy to share with you - contact me if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Have them help with shopping and cooking the meals. Ask them what kind of foods they like and what new foods they would like to try. Start a 2 bite policy. They mus take 2 bites of everything offered. Explain about healthy eating, and wanting them to be healthy and not get sick. I wouldn't punish them or force them to eat anything until they are adjusted to the new situation. They have been through enough bad times to be forced to eat something they may not even know what it is.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2009