• In the Spotlight:

how soon after an amnio?

can i just hang out in a pool (no excersizing, just wadding)? i got my amnio friday around noon...the instructions said minimal activity for 24hours so i stayed in bed til last night. it also said no heavy exercise, no heavy lifting, & no sex for 2-3 days. then no travel for 7days. i'm no longer crampy, i haven't had bleeding or leaking, & i can feel baby moving just fine....so i'm guessing it's probably safe as long as i don't do laps or anything...but thought i'd ask just in case...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you think about it swimming is the least non-strenuous form of "exercise" because you are not carrying your own body weight like you are with other forms. You are weightless under water, so as long as you are not diving in the water and doing canon balls I am sure floating around the pool will be good, and will make you feel good too! (:
    TwinkleInMyEye3

Answer by TwinkleInMyEye3 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Play it safe do what the doc says. It is always better tat way.
    lilmama4d_j

Answer by lilmama4d_j at 5:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• That's my problem...the fact the doctor didn't say anything about the inbetweens....just went from bedrest to no heavy stuff & sex...it was unclear...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i would think it would be ok to just go into a pool, its not doing anything heavy wise ya knw so i would say go for it but if it start to make u cramp or anything maybe get bck out..u had it done on friday so thats my input mama!! lol
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Hi I just got my Amnio may5th & for 2 days I took it easy then went back to normal activity I'm sure just hanging in the pool is ok
    NicksMom11385

Answer by NicksMom11385 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well I decided wadding in the pool would be fine...so I floated around for about an hour & felt better than I have this entire 20weeks! I never knew how much pressure was on my back until I didn't have it there anymore!! I didn't cramp or anything, & baby seemed to enjoy himself too LOL. Thank you all for your input it was greatly appreciated!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2009