What do you do when you feel the walls closing in?

I just want a few minutes to myself of peace and quiet yes I can get it when the time comes but right now I really could use it.
I go outside to play with the kids then get some relaxation (in our little party pool) anyway I tell the kids that is enough mommy wants it quiet for a moment and let me lay here for a moment but nooo they just kept on, so I tell I am getting out bc of the way they are acting with me not listening I get out then they start to complain about how they are bored and ready to come in...well that made me mad I told them to keep their butts out there until I am ready for them. Then my daughter starts to cry saying I want to get out she kept saying this over and over I was embarassed bc of the neighbors so I bring her little butt in and my other kid and told them to get dressed and be quiet so far so good. Not to mention my dogs and cat want attention too. (dinner time)...does it ever end..thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hunger makes me cranky, too!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I go to the beach and read. Leave lil one with daddy for an hour. Whether he likes it or not.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• sucks... but thats all part of being a mommy :).... gotta take the good with the bad

ask your SO to watch them for a while and take a drive or walk or something...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my dh can tell when i need a break from our dd and he'll take her to his mom's or outside to play or whatever, just so i can have some "me" time....i'm with her 24/7 so a little break here & there is greatly appreciated
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I plop 'em down in front of the TV and I go watch my own TV for a little while.
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I hear ya!
    You need a break and if it's TV, so be it. You're not alone. My husband can also tell when I get snippy that it's time to leave me alone. When you have little kids, it rough. As they are older all that stuff is much easier. Mine are 5, 6 and thank God.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2009