As I'm reading the answers to my other post another questions comes to mind...

Let assume that the parent is ABUSIVE which was the case in that other situation. 1.) Should the government have the right to take them?
2.) Should they be returned with time or just assume that the parenst won't change?
3.) What should constitute as abuse? At what point should a child be taken? Spanking, Disposable Diapering and Belly Sleeping have all been called Abuse on this site... As have Both Vacinating and Not, Breast Feeding and Not... So, where's the limit?

And Finally... 4.) If a parent (mother or father) continue to bring children in to this world just to have them removed, abused or worse, what SHOULD BE DONE if not sterilization?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• my idea of abuse is when the parents BEAT the kids, not spanking but leaving bruises, breaking bones or using an object besides the hand to spank with.... another form of abuse to me is starving the kids to death, or locking them in a closet or whatever and no form of sexual abuse is acceptable..... then they should be taken away no doubt about it....the "parent" should be steralized, they will not change so stop the cycle that way instead of allowing them to breed & then killing the innocent baby
    Anonymous

• Abuse to me is:
    Neglect: Such as leaving the kids in the car while you go SHOPPING. Not while your putting away your cart or getting one. Leaving your kids home alone for week or longer and them not reeally being of appropiate age to fend for themselves. Not feeding or bathing or clothing,etc... your child basically not taking care of them. Not hsowing them love is a form of neglect. Not tking them to the doctor, I;m not talking about vaccines but regular checkups. You go to these once a year just to make sure you child is growing ok it's not a bad thing to do.

Lying: I do not think any child should be lied to, I don't care if it is a "white lie" cause that just teaches them that they can't really trust adults or anyone else. Also gives them a bad foundation for faith and that imo is why so many people don't believe in God nowadays cause they can't really trust what they are shown to be true.

rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Hitting: I'm not talking spanking which imo shouldn't be more the nthree swats. But I am talking bruising and sprains and REAL EFFORT put behind these smacks. I am a spanker but the most my child gets is three and with his clothes on unless he did his wrong while I am changing the diaper or bathtime. If it is bathtime I do so lightly cause I know water stings. Children should never be disciplinded while the parent is freshly PISSED OFF. Cause that does lead to hitting the child harder then necassary and hitting to hurt BAD. Spanking should be out of love an trying to make the child understand you are trying to make them listen for the reals. Also there's a difference between smacking and popping on the mouth and punching. If your child bites or says a foul word you have the right to pop em one or smack them if thy are older. But full on backhanded swing across the room, no no.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Cussing or Putting Down: There should be no cussing at children, they are young and cussing isn't really only gonna teac hthem how to cuss. Then that ;eads to you yelling at them to not do so and blah blah blah a chain of destruction. If you angry then express so but don't cuss out your child in the middle of walmart or even in the privacy of your own home. ALso putting your kids down. Telling them they are stupid or not good enough really doesn't do good for their self esteem.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• 1.) Should the government have the right to take them?

yes!!!!, and the parents should be made to go to rehabilitation for parenting...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• 2.) Should they be returned with time or just assume that the parenst won't change?

they should be made to go to a parenting rehabilitation center.. given a supervised shot at being parents and if they are still deemed unfit.. loose all rights to the child.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• 3.) What should constitute as abuse? At what point should a child be taken? Spanking, Disposable Diapering and Belly Sleeping have all been called Abuse on this site... As have Both Vacinating and Not, Breast Feeding and Not... So, where's the limit?

spanking.. no. Unless it's continual, and leaving bruises.. basically when it crosses the line between a light spank on the bottom or hand.. to a beating (several HARD slaps that leave bruising, or hitting or kicking in anyway.. or throwing objects, etc). A beating is when it's time to step in. As for the type of diapers or breast feeding vs bottle.. no I don't consider them abuse..
    or the others listed. I also don't consider teaching a child religion is abuse.. (although some call certain religious parents abusers because of their beliefs because in their book they are evil).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• 4.) If a parent (mother or father) continue to bring children in to this world just to have them removed, abused or worse, what SHOULD BE DONE if not sterilization?

well after the first abuse case was reported, and taken care of (as I explained my idea above) and they were deemed unfit and lost rights to their child(ren).. they should have to have some form of control on their reproduction..

personally I think they should be jailed.. if it was sexual abuse.. they should be put to death.. This way they (the government) isn't making them get surgery.. but they are eliminating them from the chance to have future children.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Too much punishment: Punishing your child for EVERY LITTLE STUPID THING. That's abuse too. Give your children some breathing room and let them understand that if they do something the KNOW not to do that they will have to lifve iwth the consequences. Just like my kids will grow up knowing that drugs and drinking is a no no and sex outta wedlock isn't really advisable. But if they get someone pregnant/or get pregnant I will make them with their choice I will not force and abortion imo abortion is murder and it's not the babies fault that you don't want it and just want the fun. If they get caught at a party drinking and doing drugs are become sellers of drugs they will suffer the consequences.

But to close I do spank and I do corner sit and time out and tell my kids no no cause I REFUSE to be one of those parents on Jerry Sringer and Maury with children who do not respect their parents at all.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009